Connect with us

News

KBC journalist murder: Detectives retrieve crucial evidence

The Debrief Reporter

Published

on

IN SUMMARY:
– Betty was murdered at around 8:30 pm at her home in Ngong
– Detectives have retrieved a mobile phone believed to have been dropped by the killers
– The phone is now crucial evidence
– The investigators now believe that the killers are professional hitmen

Detectives investigating the murder of KBC journalist Betty Mutekhele have retrieved a mobile phone believed to have been dropped just 50 meters from her home by the perpetrators of the heinous crime.

The phone is now crucial evidence that they believe will help in unlocking the investigation into the gruesome murder where Betty was shot twice on the head.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  DP Ruto vows to oppose BBI if there will be no negotiations

The national broadcaster journalist was murdered at around 8:30 pm at her home in Ngong by gunmen who had been hiding in a nearby home that is still under construction. 

“When Betty saw that one of the thugs had pointed a gun at me, she screamed, then one of the other thugs run towards her direction and also pointed a gun at her. They asked us to lead them to the house through the kitchen door,” Betty’s househelp narrated.

According to detectives investigating the murder, the gunmen were receiving instructions on phone from an unidentified source.

Advertisement

The investigators now believes that the killers are professional hit men since they had managed to cover well their tracks.

ALSO READ  UK Grandmother, Margaret Keenan become the first person in the world to receive Covid-19 vaccine.

On his part, the deceased’s husband Geoffrey Barasa disclosed that the gunmen, who were covered in balaclavas and hand gloves, asked them to lie down.

“They told me to lift my left hand, I lifted and he picked my ring. That is the time when I had two bullets,” Barasa narrated.

Advertisement

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anything newsworthy happening near you? Email your news TIPS to news@thedebrief.co.ke or Call/Message/WhatsApp +254111375399

JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR THE LATEST NEWS

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is telegram.png

______________________________________________________________________

Advertisement [arrow_forms id='2006']
Comments

News

Al Shabaab Suicide Bomber Kills Six At Somali Cafe In Baidoa

The Debrief Reporter

Published

on

Six civilians died and seven more were injured on Saturday when an Al-Shabaab suicide bomber blew himself up outside a cafe in Somalia, police and witnesses said.

The attack happened in the central town of Baidoa, 250 kilometres (190 miles) northwest of the capital Mogadishu and police said the target was the regional governor, who was inside the cafe taking tea.

“A terrorist suicide bomber blew up himself at Suweys cafeteria and killed six people, he was targeting the governor Ali Wardheere but he survived the attack,” local police officer Mohamud Adan told AFP by phone.

Advertisement

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anything newsworthy happening near you? Email your news TIPS to news@thedebrief.co.ke or Call/Message/WhatsApp +254111375399

ALSO READ  Woman goes to court stop the burial of Matungu MP Justus Murunga

JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR THE LATEST NEWS

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is telegram.png

______________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

News

Uhuru contributes Ksh. 1 Million towards rugby icon Ayimba’s medical expenses

The Debrief Reporter

Published

on

IN SUMMARY:
– President Uhuru Kenyatta has pledged Ksh. 1 million towards rugby legend Benjamin Ayimba’s medical expenses
– Senator Sakaja disclosed Uhuru’s contribution in a message posted on his Twitter account
– Kenya Rugby union had disclosed that Ayimba was critically ill
– Ayimba is a former Kenya Sevens and 15s captain, who was first appointed Shujaa Head coach in 2006

President Uhuru Kenyatta through Nairobi senator Johnson Sakaja has contributed a sum of Ksh. 1 million towards the medical expenses of ailing rugby legend, Benjamin Ayimba.

On a Tweet posted on his Twitter handle, Senator Sakaja disclosed that the head of state had promised Ksh. 1 million that will go into Ayimba’s medical expenses.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  'BBI unpopular in Central' Senator Kang'ata warns Uhuru.

“Let’s keep at it #TurnUpforBenja. Thank you H.E Uhuru for the KES 1m. Kindly @RailaOdinga @WilliamsRuto @MusaliaMudavadi join in,” said Sakaja in the Tweet.

Kenya Rugby union had disclosed that Ayimba was critically ill and that his condition had drastically deteriorated. The union called on Kenyans to make their contributions via the Paybill number 8021673 with the name BENJAMIN OTIENO AYIMBA MEDICAL towards the rugby icon’s medical bills.

Ayimba is a former Kenya Sevens and 15s captain, who was first appointed Shujaa Head coach in 2006. He went on to guide Kenya to her first ever World Series Cup Final in Adelaide, Australia losing 26-7 to South Africa.

Advertisement
ALSO READ  U.S. Capitol secured, 4 dead after rioters stormed the halls of Congress to block Biden’s win

In 2011, he left the job under controversial circumstances after he openly opposed the fielding of Kenya’s main players at the Safaricom Sevens.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anything newsworthy happening near you? Email your news TIPS to news@thedebrief.co.ke or Call/Message/WhatsApp +254111375399

JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR THE LATEST NEWS

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is telegram.png

______________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading

News

Kirinyaga: Middle-aged man found dead inside a lodging in Ndia

The Debrief Reporter

Published

on

IN SUMMARY:
– The middle-aged man was found dead inside a lodging in Ndia area, Kirinyaga
– Police are in pursuit of an unidentified woman who was in the company of the deceased
– His body was moved to Kutus Funeral home, Kutus

Police in Kirinyaga are investigating the death of a middle-aged man who was found dead inside a lodging in Ndia area.

According to the lodging caretaker, the man  booked a room at around 1pm in the company of unidentified woman who latter went missing.

Advertisement

The incident was confirmed by agio town’s Nyumba Kumi Chairman, Daniel Kangangi who is also a brother to the caretaker.

ALSO READ  Equity Bank named SME Bank of the year in Africa Award

The caretaker is my brother. When he called me I informed officers based at Kagio Police station,”  said Kangangi.

Police are now in pursuit of the unidentified woman asking people in the hotel business to ensure that they take details of their customers.

Advertisement

The body has been moved to the Kutus Funeral home Kutus pending further investigations.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anything newsworthy happening near you? Email your news TIPS to news@thedebrief.co.ke or Call/Message/WhatsApp +254111375399

JOIN OUR TELEGRAM CHANNEL FOR THE LATEST NEWS

This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is telegram.png

______________________________________________________________________

Continue Reading
Advertisement

GET BREAKING NEWS DIRECT TO YOUR INBOX

SUBSCRIBE NOW!

Trending